Leslie Linsley has been credited with the revival of découpage in this country through her first book, “Découpage, A New Look At An Old Craft”. She has since published more than 70 books on crafts and decorating including her latest, “Salvage Style”. Her books are available at your local bookstore or visit Amazon.com.
Country Living Salvage Style: Decorate with Vintage Finds
- 160 pages
- 8.6 x 0.7 x 10.1 inches
Salvage style—decorating with repurposed and vintage items like wicker furniture, cast-iron tubs, polished marble, industrial pendant lights, and even tractor seats—has become a chic way to create unique, personal rooms. By reclaiming honest materials and collectibles, large and small, all imbued with their own history, you can infuse your home with warmth, charm, and individuality. Let the experts at Country Living show you how to find and make the most of discarded treasures, such as old windows, barn doors, metal military desks, mailroom filing cabinets, factory lamps, and hand-forged iron hooks. Plus, the editors share best practices for bargain hunting and obtaining the most desirable cast-offs, such as antique beams and weathered barn wood. Stunning photos of every room, along with imaginative ideas from homeowners, will spark your creativity and give you an eye-opening perspective on the decorative potential of “trash.”
- Island Living
- 220 color photos by Terry Pommett
- 22 Nantucket creative home interiors
- Published by Stewart, Tabori & Chang/Abrams
- 11.2 x 10.3 inches
- “If you wish to relate the distinctive heritage charm of Nantucket and words are failing you, take along this book.”—Bill Tramposch, Executive Director, Nantucket Historical Association
- “What I fell for when I first came to this island was the sense that I was a million miles from everywhere else I knew. This book captures that joy as well as the unique history and style of this island. Nantucket may have changed over the years, but flipping through these pages reminds me that you cannot change the core of Nantucket that has charmed so many of us.” —David Gregory of NBC News, Nantucket Home Owner
A Nantucket Christmas
- Photos by Jeffrey Allen
- 108 Pages
- 9.8 x 8.3 x 0.6 inches
- Published by Bullfinch, 2006
“A Nantucket Christmas” is a tour through 20 of the island’s most beautiful homes lavishly decorated for the holidays as well as the island itself decked out in all its finery. Also included are projects for making ornaments and stockings, festive recipes and inspirations for table settings and entertaining á la Nantucket style.
- Key West
- A Tropical Lifestyle
- Interiors of 22 houses
- Over 200 lush, full-color photographs
- 224 Pages
- Published by Monacelli Press
- Photos by Terry Pommett
- “This book gives the true eclectic style of Key West. The photos are wonderful and give an accurate insight into the private homes and life style of this laid back, creative, elegant, charming community…..It gives one a look at the gracious stately old homes as well as the most impressive renovations of cottages in “old town.” Book is filled with gorgeous full page photographs, beautifully, uniquely, Key West!” —Amazon review by J. McGregor (Louisville, Kentucky)
- Aged To Perfection
- Adding Rustic Charm to Your Modern Home Inside and Out
- 8-1/2 x 10 in.
- Hard cover
- 192 pages all in color
- A Country Living Book
- Lavishly illustrated and inspirational, this guide reveals the secrets to adding old-world charm and character to any home — even newly constructed houses. From heirloom furniture to classic window treatments, ideas abound for creating a beautiful rustic effect.
Leslie Linsley’s DECOUPAGE
“Leslie Linsley’s Découpage: Design, Create, Display” is lavishly illustrated with photographs of découpage creations in beautiful settings. Everything you need to know to create your own decoupage project is explained with complete how-to directions as well as Leslie’s inspiration for design, crafting tips and sources for supplies.
- 200 pages
- 8=1/2 × 10 inches
- Lavishly illustrated
- soft cover
Leslie Linsley’s New Weekend Quilts
- 25 Quick and Easy Quilting Projects You Can Do In a Weekend
- Leslie Linsley has written many books on quilt making for The Better Homes and Gardens Book Club. Here she takes the classic American patterns and offers short cuts for cutting and piecing with up-to-date fabrics for a uniquely modern look at an old craft.
Leslie Linsley’s 15-Minute Decorating Ideas
- 232 pages
- St. Martin’s Press
- 8.3 x 5.5 x 0.7 inches
A practical, down-to-earth program for home decorating provides hundreds of innovative, inexpensive ways to add flair to a home under such sections as weekend makeovers, yard sale chic, no-fuss cleaning, and holiday ideas.
Leslie Linsley’s Quick Christmas Decorating Ideas
- 164 pages
- St. Martin’s Press
- 8.8 x 5.5 x 0.4 inches
A holiday handbook provides hundreds of ideas for Christmas decorating, such as outdoor banners and lights, front-door wreathes and decorations, festive entryways, mantels and fireplaces, and Christmas card and floral displays.
First Home: A Decorating Guide and Source Book for the First Time Around
- 240 pages
- 9.9 x 7.5 x 0.6 inches
From how to determine lighting needs to where to position the bed, from how to hang a curtain to where to place a towel hook, Linsley helps first-time home owners suggestions in a refreshingly clear tone.
Leslie Linsley comes to the rescue with First Home, written expressly for those furnishing and decorating a house or apartment for the first time. Linsley’s room-by-room approach is focused, relaxed, and helpful, and she stresses repeatedly that it doesn’t all have to happen at once.—Barrie Trinkle
Leslie Linsley’s High-Style, Low-Cost Decorating Ideas: Fresh, Easy Ways to Liven Up Every Room in the House
- 240 pages
- St. Martin’s Griffin
- 5.6 x 0.7 x 8.3 inches
Designer Leslie Linsley believes you shouldn’t have to give up your life–or your life savings– to create a beautiful, stylish home. In her latest collection, Linsley delivers hundreds of tips and projects for everyone who’s come to love her no-nonsense, creative approach to sprucing up every room of the house.
Organized room by room, this book is an idea-generator, a time- and money-saver, and a terrific starting point for anyone who wants to beautify a home. Topics include:
–Paint–“the cheapest form of flattery”
–Making small spaces feel special
–Bringing the outdoors in
–Thinking like a decorator
–The one piece of furniture worth splurging on
–Adding an element of surprise to any room
–Achieving “controlled clutter”
–and much more.